Saturday, May 2, 2015

Swap 'n' Hop reveal! Whoot!

So this time, I have to admit, I was a huge procrastinator on creating my swap piece. The other two times I have done bead swaps, I have taken my time, worked and reworked. This time I had the month of May in my head. Back in March, May seemed so far away! Then all of a sudden, I realized that it was almost May and that swap reveals were on May 2nd, only two days into May! Yikes! Luckily, since I'm a teacher, we had April break this past week and I spent much of my vacation time working on what turned into a beast of a project. I went large, folks.
My partner is Rebecca, who lives in Florida. You can find her blog here. In the post directly below this one you can see what she sent me and what I sent her. 
I ended up using the cabochon that my partner, Rebecca, made for me, the seed beads, and the big teardrop shaped beads. I ended up not using the owl clasp she sent because in the end, the color didn't go with the rest of the piece. I'll use it on some other project. Other than buying more of the same color seed beads she sent me, I used materials that I already had. This is big for me, because I love buying only to find out that I already had stuff I could have used. Anyway, without further ado, here is my creation! It doesn't have a name, but I plan to put it up for sale in my Etsy shop here sometime later this weekend! Enjoy the rest of your hop! You can find a master list of links to all of the other participating blogs here.





24 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is gorgeous and such a lot of work. I love the use of the shibori ribbon and the owl cabochon is echoes nicely in the beading

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, a masterpiece. I love the idea of bead embroidery, it takes lots of patience, more than I can muster sometimes. The silk is beautiful and enhances the design. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow WOW WOW, that is amazing, I love it. You did a fabulous job. And yea, we did think in the same direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, your necklace is an awesome work of art. You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That necklace is a real showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, this is amazing! Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a stunner! so much work has gone into this it really is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - its huge - nothing like anything I have seen before. Another Wow for the patience and hard work that was required to create it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning. I especially love the way the shibori ribbon leads into the fringe which echoes the wing of a bird. I think your procrastination fueled your creativity, you were on fire!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. That is a gorgeous statement piece. I love the colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I.can't.even.think. this piece just BLOWS MY MIND!! *speechless*

    Linda
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowowowowow! This is so freaking gorgeous! It looks like a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fantastic work! What a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. What intricate, creative and I'm sure time consuming piece. It looks like it belongs in an art museum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. What an intricate, creative and I'm sure time consuming piece. It looks like it belongs in an art museum.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. What an intricate, creative and I'm sure time consuming piece. It looks like it belongs in an art museum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, this is a stunning piece! The colors are gorgeous and I think that the "owly" elements at both sides of the focal are a very creative touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW.....so so pretty. I haven't tackled shibori yet - it frightens me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning ! This is my favorite of the hop so far ! Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the way you use the Shibori along with all the other beading goodies in this collar.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! , What a beautiful piece you have made . I absolutely love the way in which you have combined shibori and bead embroidery to make this stunning necklace

    ReplyDelete